TOEIC Vocabulary Lesson - Serve, Service, ServerJul 30, 2023
When you learn a new word, build you vocabulary with all forms of that word. When possible, try to start with the verb form - the verb will best show you the meaning of the word and the word family.
Serve is a verb meaning present something to someone
- Our staff will serve the customers with the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
Service is a noun meaning the act of presenting something to someone
- Our company prides itself on providing excellent customer service.
Server is a noun meaning the person who serves food and drinks in a restaurant, pub, etc
- The server deserved a high tip because they provided excellent service throughout the meal.
👉 Keep in mind the best way to remember this or any vocabulary in English is to take the word or phrase write it in a sentence that's true for you or true in your world and then memorize your sentences.
👉 You can even take your sentences and write them in the comments below. I would love to see your examples.
"TOEIC® is a registered trademark of ETS. This material is not endorsed or approved by ETS.”
Get TOEIC® Mastery, Preparation for the TOEIC® EXAM
Learn the grammar and vocabulary points you need to know in PART V, VI, and VII of the TOEIC® Exam
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching on Zoom
- 50 Lessons (All lessons have writing and speaking practice)
- 28 Grammar Lessons
- 10 Vocabulary Lessons - 300 Words
- 12 Reading Passage Lessons
- 30 Multiple Choice Quizzes
- 28 pdf & mp3 audio files