TOEIC Vocabulary Lesson - Perform & PerformanceSep 11, 2023
When you learn a new word, build you vocabulary with all forms of that word. When possible, try to start with the verb form - the verb will best show you the meaning of the word and the word family.
Perform is a verb and means to carry out a task
- The sales team has been performing well this past year.
Performance is a noun and means the action of carrying out a task
- The performance of the company's stock has been consistently strong over the past year.
👉 Keep in mind the best way to remember this or any vocabulary in English is to take the word or phrase write it in a sentence that's true for you or true in your world and then memorize your sentences.
👉 You can even take your sentences and write them in the comments below. I would love to see your examples.
Get TOEIC® Mastery, Preparation for the TOEIC® EXAM
Learn the grammar and vocabulary points you need to know in PART V, VI, and VII of the TOEIC® Exam
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching on Zoom
- 50 Lessons (All lessons have writing and speaking practice)
- 28 Grammar Lessons
- 10 Vocabulary Lessons - 300 Words
- 12 Reading Passage Lessons
- 30 Multiple Choice Quizzes
- 28 pdf & mp3 audio files