- Learn the correct American English pronunciation of the consonant sounds L, R, B, V, W, F, P, S, Sh, Ch & Th.
- Understand how to set your tongue, lips, and/or mouth for this American English Pronunciation.
American English Pronunciation Course - Learn Consonant Sounds
Make yourself better understood by learning & practicing the pronunciation of
- 12 American English consonant sounds
This course includes:
- 2.5 Hours on-demand video
- 40 Lessons in Total
- Quizzes & Review Exercises
- Downloadable Resources (Mp3 and pdf)
- Access to Michael's private Telegram group
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
What Students Say:
What you'll learn
- You should be at the upper beginner to advanced level of English.
- You should be able to speak and understand a basic level of English and understand written English.
Welcome to the American English Pronunciation Practice - Consonant Sounds Course. Over 1,000 students have improved their pronunciation here! In this course, you will learn the pronunciation of the 12 most common consonant sounds in American English. Understanding and practicing the pronunciation of these sounds will help you improve your English and make yourself better understood.
This course will help you make Your American English pronunciation sound more clear and natural.
- Learn how to shape your mouth to pronounce these English sounds.
- Recognize the difference between tricky sounds like L & R, Th & S, or F & P, and more!
- Get structured practice speaking these sounds.
- Make yourself understood in English conversations
- Gain confidence in your American English pronunciation.
Improve Your English Pronunciation.
The consonant sounds in English are quite different from the consonant sounds in other languages. Perhaps your native language doesn’t have the Ch sound as in “chicken,” or the Th sound as in “thanks.” Maybe you’ve wondered how native English speakers move their mouth, lips, and tongue to make the sound of English. Well, you will learn all about how to correctly move your mouth to pronounce English which will result in reducing your non-English accent.
For each of the consonant sounds, you will first learn how to shape your mouth. You’ll see a short video clip during the lecture that demonstrates how to make the sound. Then, you’ll practice the basic sound itself, then words using the sound in various positions, and finally sentences that have words using those consonant sounds. Then there are exercises contrasting two of the sounds, like B & V or S and Sh.
In addition, in each section of the course, there are some practice exercises which are stories that have lots of the target words in them. Finally, to help you check your understanding and progress, each section has a listening quiz which is based on the consonants you studied.
Who this course is for
- This course is for English learners who want to improve their American English pronunciation
- This course is for students of all ages from middle school through adults.
- Business professionals, students, new immigrants, and anyone else who needs to make themselves understood in English can benefit from this course.
- This course is best for English learners and speakers at the intermediate to advanced level.
- This course is good for those English learners who have at least a basic level of English fluency.
- This course is not for native English speakers.
- This course is not for complete beginner level English learners.
- This course is not designed for children in elementary school or younger.