Today, we’re going to look at a conversational English pattern using go. You won’t find this lesson in your textbook because it’s considered to be colloquial English. Well, you’re not still using a textbook…are you? There are three patterns that I want to show you. Let’s get going!
Here are some of the example sentences. To get the rest and the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or get the transcript for the details.
Remember! The transcript package includes all of the Episodes, including this one.
- We ran out of milk, so I need to go and buy some after work.
- Why don’t you go and see if they delivered the mail yet.
- Kim said she’s planning to go and play tennis this weekend.
- I’m kind of hungry. I think I’ll go get lunch now.
- Can you go find Jack? We’re just about ready to start the meeting.
- I have to go talk to my neighbor about his dog. It’s always barking at night.
- I went and bought a new car last weekend.
- Tommy went and did all of his homework before dinner.
- Angelika said that she went and tried that new pizza shop on Broadway. She said it’s pretty good!
Thanks for checking it out! If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!