I love helping you guys learn idioms because idioms make your English conversation sound more colorful and more natural. Today, I’ve got 6 idioms that use the word spot. Are you ready? Let’s check ‘em out. First, here’s a short little story using today’s English.
Here are some of the example sentences. To get the rest and the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or get the transcript for the details.
Remember! The transcript package includes all of the Episodes, including this one.
- Times Square is a popular tourist spot.
- I know a nice spot downtown to listen to live jazz.
- All of my answers on the math exam were spot on.
- The president’s idea to recover the economy is spot on.
- A cup of coffee at 2 PM usually hits the spot for me.
- On a hot day, a cool glass of iced tea really hits the spot.
- I was in a spot at the airport when I realized that I left my passport in the hotel.
- Recently, I was in a spot at a restaurant because my credit card didn’t work.
- At the party last night and in front of all of their friends, Jane put Tommy on the spot when she asked if he was planning on marrying her. Wow!
- My boss put me on the spot when he suddenly asked me to make a speech at a business conference.
- I heard that Paul McCartney is such a good songwriter that, he can make up a song about anything on the spot.
- The boss asked me to make a speech on the spot.
Thanks for checking it out! If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!