Conversational Phrases With TURNMar 31, 2021
A few months ago in Episode 534 we looked at 5 five idioms using turn. Today I’d like to show you a few more conversational phrases and idioms that use the verb turn. I think idioms are fun to learn and they make your language sound more colorful and more natural. Let’s check ‘em out!
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or get the transcript for the details.
Remember! The transcript package includes all of the Episodes, including this one.
- I turned my desk upside down looking for my keys, but I couldn’t find them.
- Jenny turned her house upside down looking for her wallet. It turned out that her wallet was in her car.
- I think if you wear that red miniskirt on the train it’s going to turn heads.
- Some guy in my neighborhood bought a Ferrari. That car really turns heads when he drives down the street.
- In the office, sales have been bad so the boss has been turning up the heat on us.
- Because the weather is getting nicer, Jane’s kids have been getting lazy about doing their homework, so she had no choice but to turn up the heat on them.
- The professor said that we will lose 10% of our grade if we turn in our homework late.
- I turned in my loan application to the bank. I hope I can get that approved.
- My sister turned me on to this little bakery that makes amazing apple pies.
- My father turned me on to jazz music when I was a kid.
- In Superman, Clark Kent turns into our favorite superhero.
- A tadpole turns into a frog when it grows up.
- Well I think it’s getting late and before we turn into a pumpkin and three mice we should go home.”
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!