Today, we’re going to look at the different ways that you can talk about nostalgic things in English. Nostalgia is a sentimental feeling when you remember good times that you had in the past. For this English lesson, we’re going to look at a phrasal verb and an idiom that you can use to talk about nostalgia and nostalgic feelings. Let’s check it out.
Here are some of the example sentences. To get the rest and the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or get the transcript for the details.
Remember! The transcript package includes all of the Episodes, including this one.
- When I was cleaning out the attic I found a box of photos that I took when I lived in Japan. Looking through those old pictures really brings back memories.
- My dad was a fan of big band jazz. Anytime I hear that music it brings back memories.
- Seeing that box of Oreo cookies really brings me back.
- Seeing that box of Oreo cookies really takes me back.
- Listening to those old Beatles songs on the radio brings me back.
- I saw a Tom and Jerry cartoon on the plane. That really took me back.
- Driving through my old neighborhood brought me back to my school days.
- Whenever I hear Bon Jovi on the radio it takes me back to my high school days.
- I saw some of my high school friends last weekend. Seeing them was such a blast from the past.
- My mom cooked lasagna last weekend for the first time in a long time. What a blast from the past that was.
Thanks for checking it out! If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!