SO is used as both an adverb and a conjunction. Today, let’s have a look at 5 different conversational phrases that use SO. These are handy phrases that you have probably heard in Movies and TV programs, and using them will enhance your English conversation.
Here are some of the example sentences. To get the rest and the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or get the transcript for the details.
Remember! The transcript package includes all of the Episodes, including this one.
- In the Godfather movie, Vito Corleone is the boss of the so-called Mafia.
- Jenny went out with her so-called boyfriend. She thinks he’s her boyfriend but everyone else knows that he dates lots of other girls.
- The government gave each restaurant that closed during the pandemic around $400 a day, but this so-called economic relief package wasn’t enough to save many of those restaurants from closing permanently.
- My Japanese friend Noriko always helps me out when I have questions about Japanese language. She’s my teacher, so to speak.
- My family has gotten very attached to our dogs. They are our kids, so to speak.
- My friend Vincent knows a lot about business and he always gives me good advice. He is my advisor, so to speak.
- I recently moved to a new town and so far, I haven’t been able to find a good pizza shop.
- Last month I planted some vegetable seeds in my garden but so far nothing has grown.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!